Happy New Year – and some treatment refund information – Advance Physio Waterford
Happy New Year from myself, Kate and Alma here in Advance Physio Waterford 🙂 ! 2017 is gone, and we’re looking forward to 2018. We closed for Christmas on Friday 22nd of December, and we’re reopening tomorrow Wednesday the 3rd of January. I’m writing this email to you to remind you that you may be able to recoup some of your visit fees at the practice. Outlined for you below, are some of the options available to you.
The first option is recouping fees through your health insurance. Your treatment is covered under the category of physical therapy by the following health insurers:
- LAYA Healthcare
- Garda Medical Aid
If you are unsure if your policy covers physical therapy, please contact your health insurer directly. They will be able to tell you if your policy covers treatment, and if so, how many visits per year are covered etc.
The second option is to avail of a tax refund with the Med 1 Form. This refund is at the current rate of standard income tax (currently 20%). To get this form, simply google “Med 1 Form” and the relevant website will there with all the necessary information on that.
You can recoup both from your health insurance, and also from the Med 1 Form. Just take the following steps:
- Recoup your partial refund from your health insurance first.
- Whatever amount is still outstanding, 20% of that amount can be then recouped with the Med 1 Form.
If you’re not familiar with the Med 1 Form, there are a few important points worth noting:
- If a dependent hasn’t paid income tax, well then another income tax payer can recoup of their behalf, e.g. :
- A parent can recoup on behalf of a child.
- A son or daughter can recoup on behalf of a retired parent.
- A spouse can recoup on behalf of a non-working spouse.
- Other medical expenses can be recouped too, including doctor’s and consultant’s fees.
- You can recoup expenses going back as far as four years
On that note, please feel free to call us today on (051)844471 if you need receipts for this. Kate is on hand and can post those out to you.
If we can be of any further help, please get in touch.